Sunshine & Rainbows cards tutorial
How to easily create 2 quick cards like these ones.
1. Take an 8 ½” x 11” sheet of Basic White Cardstock
-Score in half at 4 ¼” and then flip it & cut in half at 5 ½”, fold to create 2 card bases.
2. Choose a sheet of the Sunshine & Rainbows 6" x 6" DSP Pack (Free with a $60 purchase during the Jan-Feb 2022 Sale-a-Bration offer.)
-You’ll want 2 vertical pieces measuring 3” x 4 ½”, so make sure you pay attention to your DSP pattern if it makes a difference which way you cut it, if so, then cut it in a way that the images are vertical. The sheet should be standing with the 4 ½’’ tall.
3. Now choose coordinating color of cardstock that will go with your DSP design. (Look at the back of your paper pack for the names of the coordinating colors)
-Cut 2 pieces of this cardstock at 3 ¼” x 4 ¾” (1 for each card, you can do 2 different colors too if you want). I used Polished Pink & Mango Melody cardstock.
4. Glue your 2 pieces of DSP onto these 2 pieces of Cardstock and adhere these panels onto your 2 White cardbases, placing them towards the left side, leaving the same amount of space on top, left & bottom.
5. From the leftover piece of Cardstock, cut 2 strips at ½’’ x 2 ¾” and glue it on your cardfront on the top right side about 2’’ down from the cardbase, leaving about ½’’ from the right edge.
6. Stamp a greeting with any coordinating ink color onto a scrap of white cardstock. Cut this out using the Cloud punch. And place it on the center of your strip with Dimensionals.
7. Add embellishments. I colored BasicRhinestones with my Polished Pink Stampin’ Blends.
I'd love to encourage you to make your own cards by using any color of paper & supplies you have at home! I'd like to give credit to Sharon Burkert for the inspiration for these cards that I cased from her blog here. She does beautiful projects, I love her style!
Post a Comment